Friday, November 13, 2015

3 of the Most "Interesting" Vampires in Our Culture Today

Sorry, Edward -- no sparkly vampires here (no offense, Stephenie). And I'm exhausted by all the "Originals" and "Vampire Diaries" going around with the sexy teen crowd. When I say "interesting," I honestly mean offbeat. Weird. And, yes, a bit creepy. Of course, the kind of creepy I'm talking about is the kind that doesn't necessarily make your skin crawl, but makes you feel a bit uncomfortable, and a little bit odd. But, lastly, I like me a vampire that has an interesting story behind him. So forgive me if I don't have anything that may be considered current. I'm all about the inmortal. The timelessness. "Lost Boys"? Yes. "Fright Night"? Oh, you got it.... Heck, I'm even on board for such properties as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Underworld.

These Three "Interesting" Vampires, Though, Take the Cake for Me, From a Nostalgic and Creative Standpoint


I want everyone to understand something, though: I like the classic stuff. Garlic, stakes, coffins, crazy eyes, and all the blood and guts. That's my glory. But every now and then, I like a lot of the imagery and story to mix it up a bit and try something new, such as....

Don't Get Me Wrong: I Have Many Other Inspirations as Well


That's just the beginning. But this gives you a taste of the mythology and the culture phenomenon that is the vampire. We're not just talking about European romantics with the pale faces and fierce eyes, nor are we all about the wicked beasts with the freaky noses. I like oddballs. There's so much room for inventiveness in this genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment